Doterra adds Astapure Astaxanthin to the EOMega supplement.
Astanxanthin was added to it because it is a lipid based antioxidant and would be better to add to the oil supplement rather than the dry supplements.
Astaxanthin is what gives the xEO Mega it’s red color.
Our Astaxanthin are produced by micro algae (Haematococcus pluvialis). Algae similar to many plants are stationary and produce photochemical to protect itself. This particular species of algae when scratched off rocks and as it rises to the surface turns red to protect itself from UV rays. The phytochemical responsible for this is Astaxanthin.What is used to protect algae from UV rays are utilized as nutrients by other living creatures.
Many antioxidants are water soluble which means they need to be replenished on a daily basis. Astaxanthin is lipid soluble which means that it is possible for the liver to store the antioxidant for later use.
Astapure is made by Algatech in Israel. Atapure is natural algae-based astaxanthin.
Natural Astaxanthin cost more than 3.5X than synthetic astaxanthin.
Synthetic astaxanthin is chemically equivalent to natural astanxanthin but is structurally different which means that it does not function the same way. It is a stereoisomer. Synthetic astaxanthin will not prduce the same benefits as synthetic astaxanthin.
Astaxanthin is shown to be a stronger antioxidant than other caratonoids such as beta-carotene, lycopene, lutein and zeaxanthin.
The following is an excerpt from Algatech
·Reduces inflammation by quenching reactive oxygen species.**
· Protects cell and mitochondrial membranes from oxidative damage.**
· Dramatically decreases DNA damage.*
· Crosses the blood brain barrier,** and may assist in maintaining neurological health.
· Boosts the immune system by increasing the number of antibody-producing cells.*
· Stimulates the immune system by increasing the total number of T-cells.*
· Inhibits lipid peroxidation that may cause plaque formation in the
· Prevents the initiation of tumorigenesis in the tongue, oral cavity, large bowel,
bladder, and breast.**
· Protects the eyes and skin from UV A and B damage by quenching singlet and triplet oxygen.**
· Reduces the number of new and abnormal cells in the liver.**
*Confirmed in human clinical studies.
**Confirmed in pre-clinical studies.
Information provided in this article is for informational purposes only, and is not meant to substitute for the advice of your own physician or other medical professional.
The statements herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Astaxanthin from Algatech is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease.
It’s great to know that Doterra is utilizing well researched cutting edge technology with their products. It is also great to know that Doterra utilzies 100% natural ingredients.